Buy 2020 Yamaha 40 HP F40LA Outboard Motor
Reliability & Durability
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Midrange four-stroke engines.
- Advanced Technology: The F40 and F30 are equipped with an Engine Control Module that interfaces with Yamaha Diagnostic System software. This provides a view of selected past and current running conditions, to help technicians provide a complete and accurate diagnosis of your engine.
- Protection from the Elements: A proven one-piece cowling with an intake air drain system easily and efficiently drains water away that enters the cowling. Incoming air is routed through a labyrinth of passages that help trap water before it enters the engine’s intake for maximum reliability.
- Cleaner Fuel: A large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor is used in conjunction with the Yamaha optional boat-mounted 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter. This helps separate water and contaiminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard’s other filters and fuel injectors. see more 2022 yamaha outboard motors.
Convenience & Control
- Control and Comfort: Our optional, award-winning Multi-Function Tiller handle features a Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®). It allows for precision trolling speed adjustments in 50-RPM increments. Compatible with all Midrange models.
- Easy Engine Flushing: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, 2020 Yamaha 40 HP F40LA Outboard Motor, for added convenience and extended engine life.
- Power Trim and Tilt: Power trim and tilt models provide a trim range of -3 up to +20 degrees. This brings the bow of the boat up, for better hole shot and top speed and a smoother ride.
Model Specific Features
- Available for mechanical or tiller-handle control
- Only 214 pounds
- Available in a 20” shaft
- Powerful 17-amp alternator
- Optional Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®) via our Multi-Function Tiller Handle, Command Link® tachometer or new helm-mounted remote VTS switch
- Engine Type: 3 cyl
- Displacement: 747cc
- Bore x Stroke: 65 x 75mm (2.56 x 2.95 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 40hp at 5500rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 17 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight*: 97 kg (214 lbs) – 101kg (223 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner’s manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 6
- Ignition: CDI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: DPR6EB-9
- Alternator Output: 17 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.7L/1.5L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 2.00:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 20″
- Degree of Tilt: 20°
- Degree of Trim: -3° through +20°
- Dry Weight: 97 kg (214 lbs) – 101kg (223 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: N/A
- Steering Angle (maximum): 40° from center, either direction
- Warranty: Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial